Eggplant RollsFrom gourmetana 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven. Trim the stalk off the eggplant and discart. Cut the eggplant lenghtways into eight thin slices and arrange in one layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil and season. Roast for 15 min until the eggplant is soft enough to roll up. Cool for 10 min.
- Mix the chopped basil and tomato paste in a bowl. Spread each eggplant slice with a little goat's cheese, then some of the sun-dried tomato paste mix, leaving a small border all around. Roll up the slices and put into an oiled baking dish with the ends tucked underneath - don't worry if a little of the cheese and tomato stuffing spills out.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and the grated parmisan. Brush the eggplant rolls with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle over the breadcrumb mix. Cover the dish with foil and cook for 5 min. Remove the foil and continue to cook for 10 min until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- CherylBlaisdell Nowhere, Us
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- sherrygt Manchester, KY
- sweetipi Brisbane, AU
- jolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
- juels Clayton, NC
- leonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating5 people
yummy Ana good one copied and printed hahaha high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Delicious...sounds great!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This sounds wonderful.. I am saving this to try soon.. Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!