Wolfzahnblech Aka Vanilla SticksFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl place the eggs, sugar and butter.
- Beat with mixer until smooth and blended.
- Add vanila and lemon rind
- Sift in baking powder with flour.
- Blend well with mixer until smooth and blended.
- Grease the pan extremely well.
- The pan has deep ridges so I use spray Pam or Baker's spray
- With spoon fill spaces almost to each end or use pastry bag with plain tube to evenly pipe in batter.
- So place pan on another baking sheet ( to catch anything batter that may spread over the edges and can drip into oven )
- These will expand and rise as a cake batter and may bake over edges.
- Not a big deal, just remove with a knife and eat the tasty stuff !
- Bake in a preheated 375 until sticks are set and pale golden.
- Could be 15 to 20 minutes
- Remove to rack and cool about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edes of each stick.
- Very carefully remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with glaze or chocolare with some nuts or dust with powder sugar.
- These freeze well.
- Also delicate and carefully when you lift them as they may crack
- I cut them in half on a slant when fozen prior to serving.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
Great recipe! A must-keep - FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
What a great recipe! I love the pan, too!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Very interesting!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
German GermanAmerican Food155 members
Sweet Suite159 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
German Recipes25 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
German RecipesDeutsch32 members
Cake OLicious60 members
Original Recipes18 members
International Baking67 members