Candy Christmas WreathFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- ***Makes two wreaths*** shopping list
- 1 wire coat hanger shopping list
- 30 pieces of assorted wrapped hard candies, suckers, or tootsie rolls shopping list
- 30 pieces of colorful curling ribbon, cut into 8" pieces shopping list
- Wire cutters shopping list
- Pliers to bend the hanger shopping list
- Masking tape shopping list
- A dull pair of scissors to curl the ribbon shopping list
- A big bow for the top of the wreath (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Unbend the hanger and cut it in half.
- Bend the half-hanger into a circle and leave about 4" at the top to make a hook.
- Twist the end to make it look like a circle with a hook on it.
- Cut your curling ribbon into 8" pieces.
- Fold your ribbon in half.
- In the middle of that ribbon tie one piece of candy.
- Tie it on the end part of the candy where the paper twists.
- Now tie the candy with 2 knots tightly on to the hanger. Tie the candy right next to the wire to help cover it up.
- Use the scissors to curl the ribbon on each end.
- Repeat the process for all your candy pieces.
- It might take a few more or less than 30 pieces of candy depending on the size of each.
- Suckers should be tied close to the head.
- You may add a ribbon on the top to cover the hook if you want.
- I also tie on a pair of scissors so people can eat the candy when they visit.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating4 people
That is so cool! This would make a great gift that would be in my budget. Thanks for posting!
jett2whit in Union City loved it
What a great Christmas gift! Thank you for sharing it with us.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
So much fun! We used to do this when I was a kid. Thanks for the memory jog, I'll have to do this with my kids this year!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it