Dessert Apple Cheesecake ChimichangasFrom keni 7 years ago
- 2-8oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2T white or powdered sugar shopping list
- 4T flour shopping list
- 2tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 can apple pie filling(or canned apples, which is what I prefer) shopping list
- 10 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3T cinnamon shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- caramel ice cream topping, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cream cheese and 2T white or powdered sugar in mixer bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and mix to combine
- Add vanilla and lemon juice and mix, again
- Fold in apples and mix until just combined.
- Warm tortillas in oven, microwave or skillet til just pliable.
- Add about 1/2 cup of filling to tortilla and wrap them "burrito" style, making sure to fold ends.
- Wrap each chimichanga tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer, seem side down, for a couple hours, at least.
- Heat oil to about 340 and carefully drop chichanagas in oil seem side down, first.
- When lightly browned, carefully turn and brown other side.
- Remove from oil. Continue with however many you are making, frying no more than 2 at a time, because the oil will cool too much.
- Allow finished chimis to cool, slightly
- Mix remaining white sugar and cinnamon in large, shallow bowl or plate.
- Roll each chimi in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve drizzled in, or on top of, caramel sauce, if desired
- **please note, the filling of these isn't overly sweet, so taste the cream cheese mixture before rolling, to make sure it's sweet enough for your tastes. It has two more layers of sweetness added to it, with the extra sugar and the caramel sauce, if using, so keep that in mind! For us, as written, it was what we wanted, but it might not be for you, so adjust, if needed. :)
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating9 people
the caramel ice cream topping is a must! Muy bueno!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I am unable to speak. Let my 5 speak for itself!
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Wow im speechless............no not really hahaha........these are wonderful keni.and caramel topping to die for ..... ....high five my friendminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it