Creamy Sauerkraut Kielbasa SoupFrom fizzle3nat 8 years ago
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, diced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seed shopping list
- 3 c. water (or equivalent broth - if using broth, omit chicken bouillon) shopping list
- 1-2 medium-sized potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1/2 pkg. kielbasa, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 pkg. refrigerated sauerkraut, drained (and rinsed if you prefer less 'tang') shopping list
- 1 c. sour cream, plus additional, to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a small amount of butter, saute carrot, celery, onion, caraway seed, and a dash of salt until vegetables are softened.
- Add water (or broth), potatoes, dill weed, and chicken bouillon (unless using broth). Boil until potatoes are just about tender; 5 - 7 min.
- Add kielbasa and sauerkraut. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low, and simmer about 5 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove about 1 c. of cooking liquid from soup and stir together with sour cream in a small bowl; add back to soup. If you prefer a creamier consistency, add additional sour cream 1 TBSP. at a time until it reaches the desired creaminess. Heat through.
- Test for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating10 people
This looks wonderful, especially with your additions.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
sour kraut is a family fav of mine
big ole sausage yumfrodo in meadville loved it
This will be a cold weather project. Sounds really good! Thanks for share. Maretheiris in Garden City loved it