Almond Paste CookiesFrom linspj 6 years ago
How to make it
- Grate almond paste in bowl. ( I use an electric mixer to break it up.)
- Add sugar, flour, and baking powder. Keep beating and add lemon juice.
- Add egg whites, one at a time and mix slowly.
- Form little balls and top with nuts. (This is a time consuming procedure as you have to keep your hands dusted with confectioner’s sugar to keep the dough from sticking to your hands. To save time, just drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.)
- Also, to make festive for the holiday, use chopped pistachios and color with food dye.
- Bake at 325-350 for 15 minutes. Cool and keep in air-tight container.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklinspj New Hartford, NY
The Rating6 people
an awsome Chritmas cookie thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds good, what about using a small ice cream scoup. Or maybe a melon baller, I would think, and just my thought, if the melon baller was run under water first, the dough might come out pretty easy. You have my 5, love almond paste.henrie in Savannah loved it
love this!mamalou in Attleboro loved it