Dark Chocolate Pound CakeFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 21/4c flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4tsp coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2c whole milk 1/4c unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4c honey shopping list
- 2Tbs. boiling water shopping list
- 3/4c sugar shopping list
- 1/2c unsalted butter,room temperature shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla 1/2c mini semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in center of oven;preheat to 350. Butter and flour 9x5x3" loaf pan,tapping out excess flour
- Whisk flour,baking powder,coarse salt,and baking soda in medium bowl. Whisk sour cream and milk in small bowl.
- Sift cocoa powder into another small bowl. Whisk in honey and 2 Tbs. boiling water until smooth. Cool completely.
- Using electric mixer,beat sugar and butter in another medium bowl until light and fluffy,about 3 mins. Beat in eggs 1 at a time,occasionally scraping down side of bowl. Beat in vanilla. Add cocoa mixture;stir until smooth,occasionally scraping bowl. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream mixture in 2 additions each till just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan;smooth top. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean,about 1 hour and 8 mins. Remove cake from pan and cool.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Dark Chocolate Pound Cake is all I need to see and I am running toward it. I probably consume three times the national average in dark chocolate!!
Thank you for posting this gem of a recipe.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Love chhcolate pound cakes!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Mmmmm I was wanting a chocolate cake yesterday with some ice cream and hot fudge! But what I wanted and what I got was 2 different things....haha!jett2whit in Union City loved it