Carrot Cookies with Orange IcingFrom chefbaudri 5 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup cooked, mashed carrots shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- orange Icing: shopping list
- 3-4 Tablespoons of orange juice shopping list
- grated rind of one orange shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, carrots and vanilla, beating well after each addtion.
- Sift together dry ingredients; stir into carrot mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
- Ice cookies with Orange Icing while still warm.
- Orange Icing:
- Combine juice and orange rind with butter, stir in sifted confectioner's sugar until esired spreading consistency is reached. Add more juice or sugar as needed.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating3 people
I LOVE THIS RECIPE! I have 3 huge bags of carrots and it's going to be fun thinking of new ways to use them ;) Your recipe is perfect and thanks so much for submitting it to the group. It's a high "5" all the way!lor in Toronto loved it
These look wonderful! I'll bet they're nice and moist with the mashed carrot. Mmmmmmmfizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!