Carrot Cookies with Orange IcingFrom chefbaudri 8 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup cooked, mashed carrots shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- orange Icing: shopping list
- 3-4 Tablespoons of orange juice shopping list
- grated rind of one orange shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, carrots and vanilla, beating well after each addtion.
- Sift together dry ingredients; stir into carrot mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks to cool.
- Ice cookies with Orange Icing while still warm.
- Orange Icing:
- Combine juice and orange rind with butter, stir in sifted confectioner's sugar until esired spreading consistency is reached. Add more juice or sugar as needed.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefbaudri Grand Rapids, MI
The Rating3 people
I LOVE THIS RECIPE! I have 3 huge bags of carrots and it's going to be fun thinking of new ways to use them ;) Your recipe is perfect and thanks so much for submitting it to the group. It's a high "5" all the way!lor in Toronto loved it
These look wonderful! I'll bet they're nice and moist with the mashed carrot. Mmmmmmmfizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!