Luscious Italian Lemon Almond TartFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- DOUGH REST TIME 1 HOUR shopping list
- CHILL TIME 1-2 HOURS shopping list
- ------- shopping list
- Pastry shopping list
- -------- shopping list
- 2 Sticks Cold butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Finely ground almonds shopping list
- --------------------- shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- ---------- shopping list
- 4 Large eggs, Lightly Beaten shopping list
- 2/3 Cup sugar shopping list
- Grated Zest Plus juice From 3 Large lemons shopping list
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, Melted shopping list
- 1/4 Cup sliced almonds (Optional) shopping list
- ------------ shopping list
- To Garnish: shopping list
- -------------- shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- toasted sliced almonds shopping list
- fresh raspberries in season shopping list
How to make it
- Place the flour, sugar, ground almonds, and butter in the food processor and pulse briefly just until it becomes crumbly.
- Beat the egg yolks and 1 tablespoon water with a fork and add this to the flour mixture.
- Pulse just until the dough comes together.
- With your hands, form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic.
- Let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out and fit it into the bottom and sides of a fluted 9 inch tart pan.
- Prick the bottom with a fork in several places and then bake the crust for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place the eggs, lemon juice, zest, sugar in the food processor and blend.
- Pour in the melted butter and blend.
- Pour this mixture into the pastry crust and sprinkle the sliced almond on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is lightly browned and a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Cool, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, garnish each slice with a dollop of whipped cream, sliced almonds and a raspberry, or a decorative slice of sugared lemon..
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating19 people
You dids it again..girlfrin!! :) 55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
Very pretty too! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Looks wonderful! I love lemon in anything!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Sweet Suite159 members
All Holidays135 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Bake Sale126 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Checkin Central284 members
Companys Coming115 members