Apple Walnut CobblerFrom whodunitrdr 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts - divided shopping list
- 4 cups apples; peeled sliced 1/8" thick shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg; beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter; melted shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup walnuts, set aside.
- Place apples in bottom of greased 8 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- Sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- Combine egg, milk and butter and add dry ingredients all at once and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter over apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- NOTES : Can also be made with peaches instead of apples.
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating6 people
I'm loving everything apples these days and this one sounds like a must try! I like it because its easy but it doesn't use cake mix! Not a ton of butter either!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
mmm...sounds yummy, thanksmagali777 in Mexico loved it
I was suppose to make this tomorrow but I couldn't wait! So I made it today and I'm glad I did! I made it as written except I only used half the sugar. It was perfect! I only wish I had some ice cream to go with it because that would of been heavenly...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it