Dutch Apple BreadFrom whodunitrdr 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup apple; peeled and grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup nuts; chopped shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and dash salt, set aside and reserve for use as crumb topping.
- Cream shortening and 1 cup sugar.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture along with apples and nuts.
- Turn into greased 9x5" loaf pan; let stand 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb topping over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Chill before slicing.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating5 people
Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This was delicious! Very dense, flavorful bread. The topping stayed a little powdery for me, so maybe next time I'll add a little butter for a streusel-like topping but even as is this was very yummy! High 5 from me! :)christinem in Worcester loved it