Pasta with Kielbasa and SauerkrautFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 12 ounces dry ziti pasta shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 12 ounces sauerkraut, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and kielbasa, and cook until kielbasa begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, and cayenne; cook about 4 minutes more. Stir in wine and parsley, and heat through.
- Toss ziti with kielbasa and sauerkraut, and serve immediately.