Tomato Watermelon and Cucumber saladFrom angelinaw 8 years ago
- 2 large red tomatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges shopping list
- 2 pounds watermelon, cut into 1/2 by 2 1/2 inche wedges (try mixing shapes or using a melon baller or a cookie cutter with different shapes) shopping list
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch wedges shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons, red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Gently toss tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, and onion together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, oil, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour vinagrette over the watermelon mixture and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
The Cookangelinaw St Louis, MO
The Rating6 people
Perhaps I could use some of my yellow tomatoes to this summer salad.
This is one I am saving until then so please remind me...lol.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
Great recipe!! Sounds so refreshing.. I love the basil garnish..... ;-)~ Thanks for sharing it..jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Wolf likes salad... great post... just need a warm summer night.... sighhhhhhhhh... oh well.... soon come.... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!