FRENCH SABLES NORMANDSFrom noir 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut butter into small pieces. In a food processor, mix butter and flour to a crumble.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Mix until ingredients are just blended.
- Shape dough into a cylinder 1 1/2 inch diameter.
- Roll in coconut or nuts**
- Chill until dough is firm.
- Slice into 1/4 inch thick slices and bake for about 10-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets before baking and score the tops in a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
- **(if making "plain" Brush the tops with egg yolk before baking)
- ***While Sablés are delicious plain, this versatile dough it can be flavored with ground nuts or zests. Sablés can even be sandwiched together with jam or preserves, ganache, or lemon curd.***
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
This is great!smooch in America loved it
Mmmm, the butter and coconut aroma of these should be amazing!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Perfect '5'brianna in loved it