Bombay ShrimpFrom binky67 5 years ago
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger -- fresh crushed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons tamarind paste -- Tamicon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -- to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic -- chopped fine shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 2 medium jalapeno chiles -- chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cilantro -- finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the shrimp and place in a large bowl.
- Add ginger, garlic, and tamarind pastes, turmeric powder, chile powder and salt to the shrimp.
- Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add garlic cloves and stir until brown.
- Add shrimp and stir for 2 minutes or until the shrimp begins to brown.
- Add coconut milk, cilantro and green chiles.
- Turn the heat off when the gravy begins to simmer.
- Serve with steamed Basmati rice
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookbinky67 Ellicott City, MD
The Rating6 people
I love indian food, especially anything with coconut milk. I'll be posting some Spicy Pumpkin Puffs that are indian inspired soon... stay tuned :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
I love Indian food too. This sounds great. I hope to try it soon.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
Wow, Sabrina - thanks so much for the wonderful recipe. I love spicy Indian food - so this has my name written all over it. I'm printing it out to try soon - thanks so much, m'dear! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!