Bills Foolproof Crockpot Baised Beef RoastFrom whuebl 8 years ago
- 1 ea chuck roast 2 - 4 lbs shopping list
- 1 med onion; chopped shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp pepper; coarse shopping list
- 2 tbsp bacon fat or grease shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup wine, sherry or water shopping list
- 1 qt stock or water shopping list
- 1 pkt vegetable soup shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the flour, garlic and onion powders and pepper well and place in a large plastic bag big enough to hold the roast. Add the roast and coat well, pressing the flour into the meat through the sides of the bag.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium high and add 2 generous tablespoons of bacon fat or grease, margarine, butter or olive oil. When pan hot, but not smoking, add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Spoon off onion and place in crockpot.
- Next take the roast out of the plastic bag and save the rest of the flour mixture. Put the roast into the pan and brown well on all sides - don't bother with the edges if the roast is flat.
- Place roast on top of onions in crockpot and set crockpot to low. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture reserved from the bag over the roast.
- Deglaze pan with vinegar and wine, sherry or water and pour on roast in crockpot. Add stock to pan and bring to boil and then pour that over the roast.
- Lastly, open a package of dry vegetable soup and sprinkle over roast in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, turning the roast after 8 hours.
- The liquid turns into a wonderful gravy and the meat is falling apart great.
- Be sure you cook this on low and for 10 hours - or the meat may end up being tough.
- We like to serve the gravy over mashed potatoes and the roast in chunks. Either peas or spinach goes well with it.
The Cookwhuebl Annapolis, MD
The Rating6 people
This sounds delicious. Have to try making this for sure. A '5' from mebrianna in loved it
Yuuummm. Hi Bill.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Oh my gosh Bill... this recipe is looking so good. You most certainly deserve a huge HIGH 5 on this one! Cheers and have a great weekend!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!