Creamy Noodles with Poppy SeedsFrom noir 8 years ago
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 10 ounces shredded cabbage (about 1/2 of a small head) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook until al dente (the point just before the pasta is completely cooked through - it will still be slightly chewy.) Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Heat the oil or butter over medium heat in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cabbage and cook until wilted and slightly browned (about 8 minutes.) Season with salt and pepper while the cabbage is cooking. When cooked, add the poppy seeds and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and beaten egg.
- Add the cabbage and onions and the drained noodles and mix together.
- Put the noodle mixture into an oiled 9X9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and a touch of paprika for color and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, uncovered, until browned and bubbling.
- Let the casserole sit for about 10 minutes and then cut into 4 equal servings.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
This is a great combination of ingredients! I have to try this one!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Ohhh! that sounds so good, my friend. High 5 and thanks for the post.
Blessings ^j^mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
*wink*pink in USA loved it