Spinach Bacon and Parmesan PastaFrom irishmama 7 years ago
- 1/2 box of penne pasta, preferably Barilla plus shopping list
- 6 slices bacon or turkey bacon shopping list
- 2 T garlic butter, divided shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 pkg button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- garlic salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 bag of baby spinach shopping list
- 1 T flour shopping list
- 1 c half and half shopping list
- 1/2 c fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook penne pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a big skillet, cook the bacon. (If you’re using real bacon, you’ll need to drain most of the extra grease off.) Set the cooked bacon aside on a plate and crumble once cool.
- In the leftover fat and 1 T of the garlic butter, sauté the garlic and onion over medium-low until very well browned, 20-30 min.
- Add mushrooms, season with garlic salt, and cook until reduced, 10 or so minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook over medium for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix together the pasta, bacon and the sautéed vegetables in a large serving bowl.
- In the still hot pan, melt the remaining T of garlic butter. Add flour and make a paste.
- Add a couple of ounces of half and half and stir well until no lumps remain. Slowly add the rest of the half and half, stirring constantly.
- Once smooth, boil 30 to 60 seconds until just slightly thickened, still stirring constantly.
- Add the parmesan to the sauce and stir just until melted.
- Pour sauce over pasta, bacon and veggie combo, and mix well.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
The Cookirishmama Chesterfield, MI
The Rating17 people
I did this with fresh whole wheat fettucine and cream reduction...oh it was so good!maryeaudet in Lancaster loved it
Made this one tonight, everyone loved it and said it was restaurant quality. Thanks very much for the recipe, and hope the photo looks right! :)pajumist in Canberra loved it
Looks fabulous!! Gonna try it this weekend!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!