Pecan Bourbon PiesFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (or more) ice water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon (I like-more like love-Maker's Mark) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- 4 cups (about 16 ounces) pecan halves, toasted, very coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For crust:
- Blend both flours, sugar, and salt in processor. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add lemon juice, then 6 tablespoons ice water; process just until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Divide dough in half. Gather each half into ball and flatten into disk. Wrap separately in plastic. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Do ahead: Can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator before using.
- Roll out 1 dough disk on floured surface to 13 1/2- to 14-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer dough to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Trim excess dough, leaving 3/4-inch overhang. Turn overhang under and crimp edge decoratively (I don't fuss... rustic and imperfect looks best!) Repeat with second dough disk. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- For filling:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Whisk in both sugars, then next 5 ingredients. Stir in pecans. Divide filling between prepared crusts.
- Bake pies until filling is puffed and just set in center (filling may begin to crack), about 55 minutes. Cool pies completely on rack.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with foil; store at room temperature.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating7 people
oh !!!! i love these yummmm cant wait to have a piece hahahaha..........** five**minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love this too. Great recipemidgelet in Eastern loved it
Oh this sounds great. Putting on my holiday pie list!linspj in New Hartford loved it