Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake SquaresFrom canzi 8 years ago
- coffee CAKE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled cored and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and stir in sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir into wet ingredients until just mixed.
- In another bowl, combine all ingredients for topping except the apples.
- Toss the topping with the sliced apples.
- Scrape the cake batter into a 9x12 inch cake pan and level.
- Arrange the apple topping over the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookcanzi San Diego, CA
The Rating8 people
Oh so very nice.
High 5, and beautiful too!
Thanks for sharing...
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
great tasty coffeecake thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Many thanks! Can't wait to try this - it sound heavenly!chefbaudri in Grand Rapids loved it