Carrot CakeFrom mattsbelly 8 years ago
- 2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil/canola oil shopping list
- 3 cups grated carrots shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs, oil and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add grated carrots. Mix again until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 greased baking pan. (Pam or Baker's Secret works well)
- Bake 350 degrees for 50 minutes, until done (until center bounces back to touch)
- 1- 8oz. package cream cheese
- 1&1/4 pounds butter (room temp.)
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Just enough cream to blend (about a shot glass worth)
- Mix in Kitchenaid or with handheld mixer until smooth.
- When cake is cool, frost top and refridgerate because of butter and cream cheese.
The Cookmattsbelly Nowhere, Us
The Rating7 people
This recipe is similar to mine but I add vanilla....my favorite cake!jett2whit in Union City loved it
This sounds so good! Can I use regular flour but just use less?lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
This was extremely good! I only had enough carrots for 2 1/2 cups and it was still perfect! I made them into cupcakes for the kids. This recipe made 18 cupcakes. I baked them at 350* for 20 minutes. I didn't use the cream cheese frosting because I wa...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!