Flour TortillasFrom chefjeb 7 years ago
How to make it
- Sift all dry ingredients
- Cut in lard or shortening until it looks like crumbles
- Add only enough water to make a soft dough.
- Mix well and knead for 5 minutes (you can use a food processor, but shorten knead time)
- Form into round balls about 2 inches in diameter
- Place between 2 sheets of waxed apper aqnd roll with rolling pin
- Cook on hot, dry griddle until spotty brown, turning once
- If tortilla puffs while browning, pat with spatula
- wrap in clean dish towl to keep warm
- Note: The trick is the right flour to water ratio. Dribble water until it looks like a smooth soft bread dough. It should not be sticky (too much water) or lumpy (not enough water)
- Note: A standard tortilla is about 6 inches in diameter.
- Note: Whole wheat flour may be substituted, or use half and half.
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating4 people
i made these today with chicken tacos...and they were so easy, and yummy. i used 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 regular flour, and they turned out great. thanks for the recipethetacofaery in Waco loved it
Nice tortillas. Made 10 inchers.
See also: Flour Tortillas
1/24/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!