Roasted garlic and caramelized onion mashed potatoesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cook potatoes your favorite way.
- Slice onions and cook over medium heat in some extra virgin olive oil until golden brown and very soft soft about 20 minutes or more
- Roast the head of garlic either in the oven ( drizzle whole head (unpeeled ) with olive oil and bake 450F about 20 minutes or soft.
- I roast in the micro the same way in 5 to 7 minutes.
- When cool, pop out softend garlic cloves, mash with spoon or slice with knife and add to onions and cook and stir the last 5 minutes of cooking the onions.
- While potatoes are warm, peel and mash or smash.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil to taste and to make mixture a bit creamy.
- Add the onions and garlic and stir into potatoes.
- Salt and add fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Serve as is or bake in a 350F oven uncovered to crisp top of potatoes.
- Either way, these are delish!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating9 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummer, I hope you'll enter this in the contest!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Love this recipe! A must try for me!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Good For Your Soul Food30 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Companys Coming115 members
Pass The Potatoes100 members
Holy Hot Potatoes Batman60 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Easy Casseroles28 members