Banana Muffins with Crumbly Brown Sugar and Cinnamon TopsFrom debcarlos 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 1 t baking soda shopping list
- 1 t baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 3 bananas - MASHED!!! shopping list
- 3/4 C sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 C melted butter shopping list
- for the streusel: shopping list
- 1/3 C brown sugar shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 1/8 t cinnamon shopping list
- 1 T butter shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin pan if you are not using muffin liners.
- mix together 1 1/2 C flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. in another bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. make sure to slowly temper the egg/banana/sugar mixture before pouring all the melted butter into the bowl so the egg does not cook.
- pour banana mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. spoon batter into muffin cups.
- in another bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 T flour and cinnamon. cut in the butter until it resembles a coarse meal. sprinkle amply on top of the muffin batter.
- bake muffins from 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
The Cookdebcarlos Chicago, IL
The Rating18 people
I love this new way to use my bananas and am going to make them today since I have a few calling me to cook them
Thanks for this recipe I was wanting a new way to make banana breadpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
YUM. I made these last night. I think I am going to make these muffins any time that I have a few bananas that are getting brown... Great recipe!!loislane in Brooklyn loved it
OMG these muffins = Love!!!
Definately the best and easiest recipe.
i made a batch with streusal entirely around the muffin,aslo taste great. Thanks for awesome recipe!!candykitty in Melbourne loved it