Spinach And Chicken EnchiladasFrom 5thsister 7 years ago
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 package fresh spinach, rinsed well shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 small can chopped green chili peppers shopping list
- 2-3 teaspoons of cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime juice shopping list
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper shopping list
- fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 12 6 inch tortillas shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- For filling:
- Saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Combine spinach-onion mix, in a bowl with the chicken.
- Add green chili pepper, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cumin, lime juice, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Set aside.
- For sauce:
- In same saucepan melt 3 tablespoons of butter
- Stir in flour and coriander.
- Once you have a nice roux, add the chicken broth.
- Continue stirring until thickened and bubbly and then cook and stir for a few minutes longer
- Remove from heat and add sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, gently mixing until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of sauce to chicken mixture.
- Putting it together:
- Place a spoonful or two of sauce to coat the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto a tortilla.
- Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining sauce over and top with the rest of the shredded cheddar.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cook5thsister Huntersville, NC
The Rating8 people
This is my kind of Chicken Enchiladas, the spinach and herbs you have selected go well together, love the addition of the green chili peppers and cheese too.
Five Forkstrigger in loved it
Now we're talking! I love to make chicken enchilada's in the winter season...why didn't I think of adding spinach?! This is definately on my TO DO list. Thanks 5thsister~lafluers in Lincoln loved it
I love anything with spinach so I'm definitely trying this. Thanks, 5th!.
babskitchen in Ft. Myers loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!