My Hero New Orleans Olive Mix Muffaletta SandwichFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- REFRIGERATION TIME: 1 WEEK shopping list
- --------------------------------------------- shopping list
- You'll have about 4 cups of olive mix-enough to make 3 sandwiches. shopping list
- New Orleans-Style Olive Mix shopping list
- ------------------ shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pitted green olives with pimientos (10-ounce jar) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped black pr kalamata olives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cups chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped raw cauliflower shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- ---------- shopping list
- Sandwich: shopping list
- ------ shopping list
- 1 loaf round Italian bread shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups olive mix shopping list
- 1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese shopping list
- 1/4 pound lean ham, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 pound hard salami, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 pound mortadella, thinly sliced (can substitute good quality bologna) shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare olive mix, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Spoon into a 1-quart jar with lid.
- Refrigerate about 1 week before serving.
- Will keep almost indefinitely in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the sandwich, slice Italian bread evenly in half.
- Spread olive mix on both halves.
- Layer cheeses and meats evenly on top.
- Place two halves of sandwich together.
- Slice into wedges
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating16 people
Now that is a sandwich those with TMJ need not apply. Love the ingredients in this Mile High sandwich.trigger in loved it
My kind of recipe! Tasty and ready whenever you get hungry! High 5.charrm1 in Gatineau loved it
I love your picture and of course the sandwich. I will make the mix this weekend so I can make me a sandwich for next weekends football game. If I can wait that long. 5 forks to ya. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Family Favorites141 members
Companys Coming115 members
Just Sandwiches132 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Olive You Very Much52 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Sandwiches For Supper53 members
Checkins Round Table39 members