Crockpot Venison StroganoffFrom shibattou 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed (See Note) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 (10-oz. can) condensed beef broth, undiluted shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish shopping list
- Hot cooked noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Place venison and onion in a crock pot/slow cooker.
- Combine the next seven ingredients and pour over the venison.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sour cream, and horseradish; mix well.
- Gradually stir into venison mixture.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
- Cooks Note: Which venison cut to use? Hind and fore shanks are good for stew, but the shoulder, or chuck, will be more tender and flavorful.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- Youngpin Broad Run, Virginia
- bigsteve York, South Carolina
- mistymerilien Albertville, AL
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- chef_irish Gainesville, FL
- meals4abby Valders, WI
- modelsmom Worcester, MA
- morghanphoenix Moscow, ID
- raynaday IL
- shibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔