Never Fail Pound CakeFrom jnb 5 years ago
- 2 cups AP flour shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp cake flour shopping list
- 1 11/4 cups Butter Flavor Crisco shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 10 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla butter nut extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- grease and flour a tube pan.
- sift flour, salt & baking powder 3 times. Set aside
- cream butter, butter flavor crisco and sugar at high speed for 10 minutes. This is best done in a Kitchenaid or other stand mixer.
- Scrape sides of bowl down and beat for 10 more minutes.
- slow mixter down, alternately add eggs and flour. mix well.
- add vanilla extracts.
- pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 30 mins. or until cake tester comes out clean. Start checking for doneness at 1 hr 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins.
- remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- I usually set tube pan on baking sheet just in case of overflow...