Black Forrest Pot RoastFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- 3 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck (or round bone roast) shopping list
- 1 onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms (stems removed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Trim all visible fat from meat; place in a slow cooker.
- (or not it can add flavor but, then you must skim it off)
- In a small bowl, combine onion, water, mushrooms, ketchup, wine, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low about 8 hours.
- Remove meat and slice. Keep meat warm.
- Turn control to High.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooker.
- Cover and cook on High 15 to 20.
- minutes or until thickened.
- Serve sauce with meat.