Cheesy Sausage And Tomato Baked PastaFrom m11andrade 5 years ago
- 16 ounces package uncooked ziti, or other medium sized pasta shopping list
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage, onion, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cooked pasta, sausage mixture, and basil.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in a 4-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Top with half of mozzarella and half of Parmesan. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookm11andrade Kankakee, IL
The Rating5 people
Oh my, my, my! I use a similar recipe that I just love so I know this if very good. You have my five!
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Sounds good :)donman in Hammond loved it
I love ziti and this casserole looks AWESOME! Thank you so very much for sharing your recipe and I know I'll be making it. HIGH "5"lor in Toronto loved it