Angel Hair with Pink Tomato Sauce Peas and Roasted PeppersFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Angel Hair with Pink tomato sauce, peas and roasted peppers shopping list
- Serves 2 shopping list
- 4 oz. Angel Hair or Cappellini, uncooked shopping list
- 3 medium or 2 large ripe plum tomatoes (about 1/2 pound), cored and quartered shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large pinch hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Al dente is best.
- Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth and light pink, about 1 minute.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the peas, roasted red peppers and basil and stir 1 minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and heat just to boiling.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to skillet.
- Stir over medium heat until pasta is well mixed with sauce.
- Divide pasta between two serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately
- That's it! Mangia bene!
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating15 people
Mangia bene! Mmmmmmmmm is my comment on this one Joymarie love it.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
Wow, you have posted some great recipes this week, as usual. This one looks and sounds fantastic. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This sounds great. Great use of flavors and spices we would typically have on hand. My hat "if I wore one" would be off to you. :)lura in Welcome To loved it
Back To Basics345 members
Pasta Place194 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Checkin Central283 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Every Thing Italian47 members
Checkins Round Table39 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES246 members