Buttermilk Iced Pumpkin CupcakesFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups canned pumpkin purée shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- ---- shopping list
- buttermilk ICING: shopping list
- ----- shopping list
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1/4 c. butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in saucepan. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add vanilla and beat well. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange the rack in the middle.
- Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together pumpkin and milk in a separate bowl and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating and then scraping the bowl down after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with pumpkin-milk mixture, mixing on low speed, and scraping the bowl down between additions.
- When all ingredients have been added, mix batter 30 seconds on medium-high speed until uniformly combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter and bake until a tester inserted in cupcake centers comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from the pans.
- Let cool completely on a rack, decorate with icing, and serve.
- That's it! Enjoy
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating20 people
Ohhhhhhhhhh... and I've been losing weight. You know what happens when temptation comes knocking at your door ~ you eat all the darn cupcakes LOL This recipe looks awesome and I know if I bake these beauties, there will be many neighbours knocking at...morelor in Toronto loved it
These sound amazing. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
JM... Smashing recipe. love pumpkin, so good for you and so yummy.
On the side bar:
Thanks jencathen. I agree entirely! I have now seen Snomama lowballing a number of Mystic's recipes! Since she does not seem to do this to o...morelura in Welcome To loved it