Pear-Chicken Monte Cristo with Mozzarella SandwichesFrom linspj 8 years ago
- 6 tbsp prepared horseradish shopping list
- 8 thick slices firm-texture white bread shopping list
- 8 thin slices mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 12-ounces cooked turkey breast shopping list
- 2 medium pears, cored, peeled, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or light cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Spread 1 to 1-1/2 tsp horseradish on one side of half the bread slices.
- Top each with a slice of cheese, a slice of turkey, and several pear slices.
- Add another slice of cheese and a slice of chicken or turkey.
- Top with a slice of bread.
- Combine eggs and half-and-half or light cream in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture; allow each side to stand about 10 seconds until egg mixture is absorbed.
- Place sandwiches in a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn the sandwiches over and bake about 10 minutes more or until bread is golden and cheese is just melted.
- To serve, slice each sandwich into four triangles.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklinspj New Hartford, NY
The Rating8 people
A wonderful recipe!!! Thanks for the post!! :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
I love these, Lin!! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
excellentpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!