Comfy Country-style RigatoniFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 1 pound mild or hot italian sausage shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth, or homemade stock shopping list
- 1 head escarole, torn into 2-inch pieces (about 2 quarts) shopping list
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned cannellini beans, (from one 15-ounce can) shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 pound rigatoni shopping list
- . shopping list
- 1997 American Express Publishing Corporation. Excerpted from the Quick from Scratch cookbook series. Reprinted with permission from American Express Publishing Corporation. All rights reserved shopping list
How to make it
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- When the sausage is cool enough to handle, cut it into slices.
- Put the garlic and the broth in the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the escarole, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in the sausage, beans, Parmesan, salt, and pepper and simmer 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until just done, about 14 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Serve with additional Parmesan
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating12 people
though I am a vegetarian I can leave out the meat and enjoy the wonders of this most fabulous dish. I love it.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Boy oh Boy! Oops ... I should say Neutral Gender oh Nonspecific Gender! I LOVE the sound of this pasta dish. (You've got me running to Wikipedia again with a bean I never heard of.)
Thanks for the yummy Post.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
Now I love the escarole and cannellini beans.
Bring on the garlic too.
Five forks for this wonderful recipetrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!