Mama Lucia Bellias Stuffed EscaroleFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1 pound escarole shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed shopping list
- 4 anchovies shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pinoli shopping list
- 1/2 cup black olives shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and drain the escarole well, but do not detach the leaves from the core. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, half the garlic, anchovies, olivies, pinoli and black pepper and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Carefully spread the escarole leaves open to the center and stuff the filling in 6the middle.
- Close up the leaves and tie the escarole firmly with kitchen string so filling will not fall out.
- Place the escarole bundles in a large pot.
- Sprinkle on the remaining olive oil, and garlic.
- Add the water, cover the pot, and cook over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the leaves have wilted and are soft.
- Carefully remove the escarole to a cutting board and cut off the strings.
- Cut the bundle into pieces and serve with pan juices.
- That's it! Mangia bene!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating20 people
Yum--------five!!:+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
YUM, TOO AND FIVEpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Healthy and delicious! Thanks!juels in Clayton loved it