Hank Jrs Cajun Rice CasseroleFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion salt shopping list
- 1/2 pound okra, trimmed and cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- rice shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon in skillet and drain.
- Cool; crumble into small pieces.
- Set aside for serving.
- Saute onions in bacon grease until golden.
- Add garlic salt, onion salt, okra, tomatoes, Ro-tel, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Simmer uncovered 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve cooked mixture over rice.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Ooooooooooooo yummy ill be over for lunch tomorrow with bells on ..........ding dong ..answer door..... can sparrow come out to play???????? brought some guys over too they want to play too..............hahahahahaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
BoCeefus! I don't know if that's the way you spell it but I love that guy!
^5 on the recipe too!Love it!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Sounds really good and tasty. You get a ^5 from me. Saving to try - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it