Cuban pot roast with capers and olivesFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 2 lb. chuck roast shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half moons as thin as possible shopping list
- 2 carrots sliced in 3 inch long sticks not too thin shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can of tomatoes in juice, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 can of low sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup of dry sherry shopping list
- generous pinch of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped pimento stuffed green olives shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of capers-drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet (use dutch oven if you want to speed cook), heat oil.
- Rub chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Brown on roast on all sides.
- Layer onions, carrots, red peppers on the bottom of your slowcooker
- *Layer in bottom of dutch oven for speed cook*
- Place meat on top of veggies.
- Mix seasonings up to the green olives and caper and pour over the beef.
- Cover with lid and slow cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- *Bake in 350 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours*
- When the roast is finished cooking, skim off any fat from the surface and add the olives and capers to the sauce.
- Serve over saffron rice.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Don't know how I missed this one but YUM!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Great combination - I keep finding such terrific recipes here! Thanksbonjody in Branson loved it
Have to try this soon! Got my FIVE!mamalou in Attleboro loved it