Meatball Sub CasseroleFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1/3 c. chopped onions shopping list
- ¼ c. Italian-style dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 T. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb. loaf Italian-style bread, cut into 1" pcs shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ½ c. mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning shopping list
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 c. grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, (28 ounce) shopping list
- 1 c. water (or beef, veggie, or chicken stock) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together onions, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and ground beef.
- Roll into 1 inch diameter balls, and place in a baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F.
- Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and black pepper until smooth.
- Spread this mixture over each bread cube.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese. I
- n a large bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic. Gently stir in meatballs.
- Pour over the bread and cheese mixture in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
A great and tasty way to use leftovers!! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
thanks - it sounds yummy - leebearleebear in Brookpark loved it
Sounds fantastic, great recipe, thanks for posting!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it