Penne with Spicy Vodka Tomato Cream SauceFrom meals4abby 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 links sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how much heat you like.) shopping list
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked and drained shopping list
- 1/8 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Remove casing from sausage and add the sausage to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the mean until brown. Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring unitl garlic is golden brown. (Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will be bitter!!)
- Add tomatoes and salt, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vodka, cream and parmesan cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minutes. Stir in fresh basil and serve!!
The Cookmeals4abby Valders, WI
The Rating9 people
Can't go wrong with that. I really enjoy cooking Italian with Vodka. This one is a great one. :) 5
Arthurcookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
Oh my goodness, I can't believe how hungry reading this recipe has made me ;) You deserve 5+++ and I know how much my husband and I will enjoy this wonderful pasta recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
Love the ingredients in this, delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!