Sauteed MushroomsFrom meals4abby 7 years ago
- 6 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds whole, small button mushrooms, wiped clean shopping list
- 3 Tbls. butter shopping list
- Gray salt shopping list
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp.chopped, fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 Tbls. chopped, fresh italian flat leave parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the mushrooms. DO NOT MOVE THE MUSHROOMS UNTIL THEY HAVE CARAMELIZED ON THE BOTTOM!!! If you toss them too soon, they will release thier liquid and begin to steam. When the bottoms are caramelized, toss them and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and continue to cook and toss for 5 minutes, until beautifully browned.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and saute' another 2 minutes. Add the thyme and lemon juice and cook to evaporate the liquid.
- Add the wine and reduce until the mushrooms are glazed with the sauce. Toss in the parsley and serve immediately.
The Cookmeals4abby Valders, WI
The Rating6 people
OOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooh --- I DEARLY LOVE shrooms!!!!! HIGH FIVE!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Great, goes with anything 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
This is the way I was taught to cook mushrooms by an expert in his field with a Phd in fungi.
Flagged as unique!
Fiver for suretrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!