Chicken Rice CasseroleFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 2 lb chicken leftovers shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped finely shopping list
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped finely shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 good sized onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups elbow or bow-tie macaroni shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked rice shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder (NOT garlic salt!) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can mushrooms, or 12-16 fresh, chopped shopping list
- Old cheddar, grated (AMOUNT TO YOUR PREFERENCE) shopping list
- mozzarella cheese, grated (AMOUNT TO YOUR PREFERENCE) shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice, preferably to the al dente stage (still some bite left in it)
- In a saucepan (large) combine all of the afforementioned ingredients except the cheeses.
- Simmer over low heat for 40 minutes, or until everything is tender.
- Next, add the rice, and continue simmering until the rice is tender.
- Plate it, and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Delicious!! :+D
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating61 people
Chefs cookin my kinda food now!! 55555..
don't forget the FFF's :()lanacountry in Macon loved it
Candy often makes this, but without the macaroni. We'll try it WITH next time! FIVE
Pete :)dagnabbit in Barrie loved it
nice recipe, pure love in that dish 5ptsfrodo in meadville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!