Mashed Potatoes with Cabbage and CheeseFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 8 cups cabbage, chopped (I boil leaves and then chop to make 8 cups) shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, diced for mashing shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup chives, minced shopping list
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 pound kielbasa or sausage, cooked in chunks (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Butter an 8-cup baking dish.
- Cook cabbage in a large pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove cabbage from pot with slotted spoon, reserving the water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place potatoes into cabbage water.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Add butter and mash the potatoes.
- Mix in the chives and the cabbage.
- Stir in the kielbasa/sausage, if using.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour into buttered dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
LOVE cabbage, and love potatoes!! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Comfort food! Like this one, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
You can't go wrong with this combination! You got my 5!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!