Another Chicken SaladFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 3 chicken breast, boneless shopping list
- 1 Cup chicken stock shopping list
- water shopping list
- 2 Stalks of celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 dill pickles, seeded and chopped shopping list
- Handful of dried cherries or cranberries shopping list
- Handful of walnuts or pecans or almonds shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Sylvia's Soulful season salt shopping list
- For Dressing: shopping list
- 1 Cup Hellman' mayonnaise (you can use light!) shopping list
- 3 TBS of Marzetti's Cole Slaw dressing shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp dill shopping list
- 1/4 Cup sour cream (you can use light!) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin (ADD MORE IF YOU LIKE) shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp celery salt shopping list
- Chopped green onions (about 2) shopping list
How to make it
- Poach the chicken until done, using water and chicken stock. Season with Sylvia's Soulful Season Salt. I love this !! (about 30 minutes)
- Drain the chicken and let cool in collandar .
- After cool, shred the chicken and place in bowl.
- Add the celery, onion, pickle and mix gently.
- Prepare the dressing and fold into the shredded chicken
- Mix in the dried berries and walnuts.
- Season with pepper.
- Do not add salt! With The celery salt, Cumin and Syvia's blend, there is plenty. Next day, you may want to add salt for your personal taste!
- Chill for about 60 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce or make a great sandwich!
- P.S I added about 6 whole pepperoncini from a jar in the fridge and added while the salad was chilling....WOW..more flavor..I create stuff like this after the recipe is done sometimes it works!!
People Who Like This Dish 10
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- l0vetoday Nowhere, Us
- becca61 Spavinaw, Oklahoma
- veropsikle Montreal, CA
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- rosemaryblue CollegeTown
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- juels Clayton, NC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating15 people
A perfect 5cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
~ Hello ~ ^j^ ~
I just LOVE all these ingredients together!
Creative and 'FUN'!
'A Handful of This & A Handful of That'~
And what do you know?/A "5"FORK!!!!!Masterpiece~
So Delicious ~
"HUGS" (((((^_^))))...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Lovely Chicken salad Marky.. I love it and
love to fix it different ways!
Picture flag as well! 55555lanacountry in Macon loved it