Luscious Lemon PieFrom blueeyes68ky 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- Grated peel of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In the top of a double boiler, combine sugar, constarch and salt.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over boiling water until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter and lemon peel.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- When mixture is room temperature, stir in sour cream.
- Pour into shell and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- For topping, whip cream until thickened; beat in sugar and almond extract if desired.
- Continue to beat until stiff.
- Spread or pipe with pastry bag on pie before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating5 people
Good one Blue
trigger in loved it
A great mouthwatering recipe. Thanks. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Of course, I love it....it's got lemon in it! Thanks!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Lemon Lovers167 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
Pies Pies Pies66 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES249 members
ILL GIVE YOU FOUR AND YOU GIVE ME MORE27 members