Sichuan Dumplings In Hot SauceFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- Dumplings ............... shopping list
- 6 - ounces lean pork coarsely ground shopping list
- 2- garlic chives, finely chopped or =( 1 scallion green and white and 1 large garlic clove minced). shopping list
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/4 - cup finely chopped bamboo shoots shopping list
- 3- tablespoons chopped cilantro ( fresh ) leaves and stems shopping list
- salt and freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 30 wonton wrappers.thawed.(keep covered till use to prevent drying out ..)......... shopping list
- ****************************************** shopping list
- sauce...................... shopping list
- 1- tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1- teaspoon chili oil shopping list
- 1- tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1- tablespoon hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2- 3 teaspoons hot sichuan bean paste ( or sambal ulek) shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/3- teaspoon grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2- tablespoons minced scallion (green and white parts) shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon sichuan peppercorns, ground shopping list
- 4-5 tablespoons chicken stock shopping list
- 1- teaspoon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- To make the dumplings , mix the pork with the garlic chives, garlic, ginger, bamboo shoots and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro ( reserve the remaining) for garnish....... and season with salt and white pepper......
- place a rounded teaspoon of the mixture in the center of each wonton skin and fold over.
- pinch the edges together to seal, after moistening them with cold water......
- bring a large pan of lightly salted water or chicken stock to a boil
- put in the wontons in 2 batches to avoid crowding the pan .......after they float to the surface , reduce heat and cook gently for another 3 minutes
- retrieve with a wire ladle and distribute between 6 bowls........
- to make the sauce , combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat gently, without allowing it to boil
- spoon the sauce evenly over the wontons and serve immed.
- garnish with remaining cilantro.
- serves 6...............
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating12 people
Great recipe, Tink!! HIGH FIVE to ya :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Feeling HOTHOTHOT!!! from this great post!! (Buster Pointdexter shaking his maracas in the background!)greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
I'm all about dumplings in any form or fashion and this looks and sounds like my cup o'tea...or cup o'dumpling. ;) I loooOOoooOOoove the spicy dipping sauce...oh yeah. High 5, hon - and thank you!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!