Turtle sauceFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 8- tablespoons ( 1 stick) unsalted butter , cut into chunks shopping list
- Large pinch of salt shopping list
- 1- cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1- cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 - cup heavy cream shopping list
- Seeds scraped from 1/2 small split vanilla bean shopping list
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Place the butter , salt, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, heavy cream and vanilla bean seeds in a heavy , medium saucepan, preferably cast iron.
- With out exception the pan must accommodate the bubbling sauce.set the saucepan over low heat and cook until the sugar dissolves completely stirring slowly from time to time with a wooden spoon or flat wooden paddle…..
- Increase the heat to moderately high and bring to a boil
- The sauce will bubble up as soon as it cooks
- Cook the sauce at a moderate boil for 5 minutes or until lightly thickened
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract..
- Use the sauce tepid ( not hot) or cool completely and refrigerate in a covered container for up to 5 days
- To reheat bring the sauce to a full simmer and cool to tepid before using.. the refrigerated sauce will be thickened to restore it you can add 3 tablespoons of heavy cream …….
- Makes 2 cups……..
- For a nutty sauce add chopped nuts any kind when the sauce is tepid ………..put the nuts in prior to serving so they are not softened
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
Yum, good one. 5 spoons for you ;0)henrie in Savannah loved it
wowo gonna put some of this on panckes I think yummy thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Add two tablespoons of bourbon to this and you have the sauce I made the other day.trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!