Dorlenes Holiday Snack MixFrom debntim 5 years ago
- 1 box Rice Chex shopping list
- 1 large jar dry roasted peanuts shopping list
- 1 bag pretzels (not the oversized pretzels) shopping list
- 2 pounds white chocolate for candy making (I’ve actually used Ghirardelli milk chocolate to make this, too! OHHH, yesss!) shopping list
- seasonal sprinkles or colored sugar shopping list
- Optional: Add/substitute any of these items: dried cranberries, walnuts, pecans, almonds, granola; be creative, add your own faves! shopping list
- Lighter variation: Use half the chocolate; it doesn’t cover as completely and you can still taste the Chex, not just the chocolate. shopping list
How to make it
- In a LARGE bowl or cooking pot (canning kettles are great) carefully mix dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. (The rubber spatula is better at not breaking the Rice Chex.)
- According to directions on the package, heat the white chocolate slowly. Be careful to stir during heating time, and DON'T overcook.
- Pour quickly over the snack mix and stir gently until all is thoroughly coated.
- Pour mix out in a single layer onto several cookie sheets or a large space on your counter, lined with waxed paper or Saran Wrap.
- Sprinkle with seasonal sprinkles / sugar and let cool / harden.
- Break apart when hard and store in airtight containers.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdebntim Outer Banks, NC
The Rating7 people
Sounds GREAT!!! Thanks! HIGH FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
yum yum yum hurry and make us all some hahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh my! I'm in trouble. I love this kind of thing and I'm afraid it loves me right back. Great post. mmmm yummy.:)lura in Welcome To loved it