GREEN AND WHITE STUFFED SHELLSFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine shopping list
- 2 cans (2 pound-3 ounces each) Italian style plum tomatoes undrained. shopping list
- 1 16 ounce tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano crush in palm before adding shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 2 15 ounce ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 10 ounce packaged frozen chopped spinach, thawed shopping list
- 2 box es (12) ounce jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- THE SAUCE:
- Saute the onions in 2 tablespoons of the oil for about 5 minutes
- Add garlic, saute for 1 minute
- Add the tomatoes, break them up with spoon
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt, oregano, basil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the fennel seeds.
- Cover the sauce pan and cook for 1 hour over low heat.
- Uncover and cook 1 hour 20 minutes longer stirring occasionally.
- remove from heat and add the parsley.
- THE CHEESE FILLING:
- Combine all cheeses, the egg, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoon parsley in a large bowl
- Remove 1 3/4 cup to a medium bowl
- Drain the spinach well and add to the medium bowl.
- PASTA SHELLS
- Cook the pasta shells el dente
- spray 2 9x12 glass dishes
- Stuff half with the spinach, half with the plain
- Cover the bottoms of pans with the sauce,
- Place shells on the sauce
- brush shells with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place in a hot oven 425 COVERED
- Uncover the pans and bake for 10 minutes longer or until heated through and the sauce is bubbly.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- You can prepare the day before an place in frig until time to bake... this makes it nice as you can spend time with quests.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating8 people
Love that Italian stuff......zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Wow, that sounds WONDERFUL! I like making large batches, too, so I have some to freeze for later. This is yet another recipe on my "must try" list...I LOVE Italian dishes!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
I love this! Have company coming for supper Saturday, I think I just found my main dish! You have some great recipes...as I have time I am going over recipes I have missed...I am gonna weigh a ton if I make them all! LOL...great post. Gets a high 5!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it