Goat Cheese Crostini with Wild MushroomsFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 16 oz. mixed wild mushrooms, larger mushrooms coarsely chopped (about 10 crimini mushrooms, coarsely chopped, can be sub'd) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 6 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
- kosher salt and white pepper taste shopping list
- 1 french baguette loaf’s worth of fresh homemade crostini (or foccacia bread, as seen in my photo) shopping list
- 8 oz fresh goat cheese, room temp shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- zest of one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread about a tablespoon of goat cheese on each crostini. Place them on a cookie sheet while you make the reduction.
- Sauté the shallots in the butter for three minutes. Add the mushrooms and brown sugar, stirring for one minute.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and the balsamic vinegar. Allow to come to boil, then reduce for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Top each crostini with about a teaspoon of mushroom-shallot mixture, reserve any extra sauce from pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese slighlty melts. Drizzle with remaining pan sauce and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon zest.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating10 people
Wow, I printed this out. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
ohhhhhhhh yeah baby!!!!!!!!! i love it yum yum
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Another winner presented by Luisa I love the choice of mushrooms and the balsamic reduction which I have used with grilled a portabella Mushroom recipe before.
Five forkstrigger in loved it