Layered Chunks Of Chocolate SquaresFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- vanilla cookie layer ……… shopping list
- 8- tablespoons ( 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid… shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs ( such as crumbs from Nabisco Nilla wafers).. shopping list
- Batter…….. shopping list
- 1 1/4 - cups bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4- cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2- pound ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 6- ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled to tepid shopping list
- 5- large eggs….. shopping list
- 2- cups superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 - teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 6- ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped , for sprinkling on dark chocolate batter……. shopping list
- Powdered sugar for sifting over the top of the squares… shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Film the inside of a 10 x 10 x 2inch baking pan with non- stick cooking spray
- Pour the melted butter into the prepared pan.
- Spoon the cookie crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan and press down lightly with the underside of a small metal spatula, so that the crumbs absorb the butter.
- Bake the cookie layer in the preheated oven for 4 minutes.
- Place the baking pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper
- Whisk the melted butter and melted chocolate in a medium size mixing bowl until smooth.
- Ina large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 minute to blend, add sugar and whisk for another 45 seconds to 1 minute or until incorporated…
- Blend in the melted butter and chocolate mixture, mixing thoroughly..
- Blend in vanilla extract..
- Sift the flour mixture over and slowly stir ( or whisk) it in , mixing until the particles of flour are absorbed.
- Stir in the 6 ounces of chopped chocolate
- Spoon the batter in large dollops on the cookie crumb layer.
- Carefully spread the batter over the cookie layer, using a flexible knife or spatula.
- Scatter the 4 ounces of chopped chocolate on top of the batter………
- Bake the bars in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes , or until set
- Let the bars stand in the pan on a cooling rack for 2 hours.\, then refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm enough to cut….
- Cut bars into quarters then cut each square into 4 quarters
- Remove squares from baking pan , store in airtight container if you don’t get them all eaten hahaha
- Sift powdered sugar on squares before serving
- Makes 16 squares ………
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating11 people
Lay that chock-oh-late on me, tink! Ooey, Ooey. I took the liberty of adding this one to the Bar Cookie group. What a way to start the day! Thanks! five ~ ~ ~
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Beautiful and tasty! This could be a nice change from my usual tri-level brownies (which is not on my site because so many already listed them.) I will try these. I'm bookmarking.dynie in Marietta loved it
Sherry, Sherry, Sherry! Here you go again LOL What ever am I going to do with you ;0) Contest is on, now to dig deep into my recipes files :0)
You have my 5 dear. Have a Blessed Day, prayers and thoughts are with you today. Many (((hugsss))...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!